Friday, November 27, 2009

Post-Turkey Thoughts

Thanksgiving didn't really feel much like a "normal" Thanksgiving this year, and I'm not quite sure why. Sure, we had the turkey, the usual fare, the children running around doing their crazy, individual antics (Isaiah and his cousin Ally entertaining us with their dancing and singing, and Audrey playing Ms. "Photographer"/papparazzi!-"Smiyel!" They were really cute!), and with most of the family present, we even had the magic mike...but still, something just didn't feel right..to me, at least.

This year, I didn't even make it to my Auntie Fely's dinner at her house in Montebello. Cyrus' family had theirs this year at his Aunt & Uncle's house in Sun Valley, the first family gathering at their residence since they moved in just a few months ago. So I was NOT about to rush over all the way to the opposite part of town JUST to stay there for an hour or less. I know....I know....it's sad, but I'm SO tired!! Cyrus is tired.

He came home from graveyard shift in the morning and (even though he had the energy to play his x-box) I still pity the fool for not being able to function well enough when he does have to be with Isaiah and Audrey by himself.

Ugh! I HATE the fact that I have to actually go DO something for class tomorrow!! I mean, we're officially on "Thanksgiving Break" (even though it REALLY does NOT feel like Thanksgiving or the beginning of the holidays AT ALL!!), but all I can think about is the fact that I have work to catch up on and the fact that we are going to start clinicals this coming Tuesday.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The lame (and VERY SCARY) thing is, I don't even think our teacher will allow me to go to clinicals. :(((((((((!!

First of all, I'm still missing a shot from my physical exam which I have had SO much problems with regarding the authorizations and the length of time between receiving them and my test results (the stupid, rude and careless medical assistants from my doctor's clinic should be FIRED!!), and now, our once $44-46 payment for the background check which is required of us BEFORE we go was bumped up to $88 because our instructor said the company with whom she was dealing with required TOO much information about the school and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!! Gah!!!!

I was SO good to go and now I feel like I have to ask for MORE money!! I just had a classmate agree to pay for the balance of my clinical uniforms until I could pay her back, and this problem just showed up as if to say, "TA-DA! AND YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE HOME FREE!!.....NOT!!"

Ugh!!!!!

Time to pray again....


And also time to sleep. I have SO MUCH to do this weekend. We have our Basic Nursing Skills Test bright and early this coming Monday morning, I have 17 hours worth of remediation to make up for, most of it being absent from trying to work out my dumb situation with my darn physical exam requirements!! (a trip tomorrow with my 2 girl classmates and I will be going to which the teacher will give us 2 hours worth of remediation), writing about articles and doing learning objectives from our Basic Nursing textbook to complete ALL those hours worth of remediation. Ugh....and to think, if I'm not able to go to clinicals this Tuesday.....I have MORE remediation to work on.

Oh please tell me I can go....PLEEEEAAASE! :(

Anyway, I must sleep....I'm exhausted and certainly running on less than fumes by now.

Toodles! Good night y'all!

No comments: