Sunday, December 6, 2009

I just want to stay right here....in bed.

I could sleep ALL day.

It's been 2 hours since Cyrus, Isaiah, and Audrey left the house, and I am only getting up now....granted, I was the one who woke up at 7 a.m. with them, fed them, bathed them, changed them, & groomed them. (Gosh, it sounds more like I have dogs rather than children!) So as soon as they left, I went back upstairs and KNOCKED OUT!! I had the alarm set to 2:30, but I kept hitting the snooze on my phone. I really wish I could sleep ALL day! :( It doesn't help that I am in the middle of my period either!! My bodyaches are KILLING ME!!!!

It's official, though, as of Friday....I am allowed to go to clinicals on Monday, tomorrow! (Yay! No more "sneaking" out of the house pretending to be at clinicals when I was at the library studying or running errands).

However, I am not allowed to have any direct patient contact (Boo!). I had a talk with my instructor on Friday, after class, about my situation. She was confident in the fact that whatever they were doing in clinicals this year, that it wouldn't be too hard for me to pick up if I were to miss it. I guess she must have that much faith in my abilities or I just look like I'm pretty capable. Well, I'm glad and honestly, I welcomed those two days that I wasn't in clinicals b/c it was a chance for me to catch up on my theory/class work b/c I don't feel like I ever have enough time to really sit down and just do WORK (i.e. study, read, write down notes, etc.)

So anyway, I have something to look forward to tomorrow....in which case, I really have to get up and get going!! For one thing, I NEED to get coffee or something in me! This weather is not at all conducive to a studying mode....I just want to curl up in my nice warm bed....with my children sleeping right next to me!! :) I'm grateful that their father took them with him today....even though he has work later tonight.....

Oh WELL! I don't feel the least bit sorry for him anyway! Just thankful for the fact that he DID take them. But ANYWAY!!

As soon as I'm done posting this note, I am going to get up, wash my face, put on my contacts, change, and take my tired and sleepy self over to 7-eleven and get a big honkin' cup of joe w/ an extra shot & lots of sugar. Then I will head to the library, open up my books and study guide and homework, and proceed to do SOMETHING productive in the next 3 hours.

Good freaking LUCK to me!!

No comments: